Nevada Murder News Reno Murder Project
Vegas Murder Watch
Nevada Death Row

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

KTVN and FBI May Be Mathmatically Challenged

Just watched a story on Reno Channel 2 KTVN covering the FBI report that came out recently.
The problem is, I don't understand how they came out with just 6 Homicides in the City of Reno this year.. And since I can't find the actual FBI report online, I can't see how the report defines "Homicide" or "2011".
Are they only counting Murders through July 2011 (2011 is not over yet after all).
Are they not counting unsolved, or homicides with no one in custody?
Are they not counting "pled down" cases?

My count has the total at a hard 11 and possibly 13 if the RPD ever lets us know how the "Suspicious dead homeless guy in the park" case turned out, or if whatever happened on 11/11/11 was criminal.

By they way, reports like thist, and the quick parroting by the media, is EXACTLY why I started these sites: I didn't think their information was accurate. And now you and I KNOW it isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spamming is a violation of US Federal Law.